Sunday, September 25, 2016

My Fake Makeup Experience

SUPER LONG POST. This post is not intended to fire shots to some friends on my list selling FAKE MAKEUP, so guys excuse me as I share my experience.

A few months ago I was looking for a certain lipstick online. The brand I was looking for was limecrime. So I logged on to my instagram and searched for #limecrimeph only to find out that 9/10 sellers are selling fake ones. This is not the first time cause way way back, I saw a lot of sellers selling fake MAC cosmetics just as I was looking for a MAC lipstick. You see the thing is, I sometimes like to buy online because
1. It's a little bit cheaper.
2. Some products can only be bought online.
But please, if it happens to have a store here in the Philippines, save yourself. Spend that extra 200 pesos you could've saved from buying online instead of risking it just to save a little and ending up buying a fake one.

So everyone who knows me can tell you that I am not a fan of fake makeup. Especially fake lipstick. Because a long time ago I found out that
1. My skin is sensitive and I find a lot of stuff irritates my skin easily and
2. Fake and Authentic is NEVER the same. Proven and tested.

The reason that I wrote this is
1. I want to inform you about my experience that you can see on the photo I attached. Yup. I tried the fake limecrime just because I really really want the color Cashmere badly and tah dah, this happened only after 3 minutes of applying the lip product, I felt my lips tingling so I went ahead and removed the product as fast as I can but boy was I too late. There, instant bad lip makeover. It would've been okay to experience having plump lips if it hadn't been super itchy and raw. It got worse the next day and lasted almost a week even if I took antihistamines for the damn allergy. Lesson learned the hard way. So moving on to my reason number
2. I want to give you tips on how to buy your makeup online.

1. CONSIDER THE PRICE. If it's too good to be true, then honey, it's fake. Colourpop's original price is $6.00 so it's impossible to buy it for 150php. Limecrime Velvetines' original price is $20.00 so it's impossible to buy it for 150php. MAC's original price is $16.00 so it's impossible to buy it for 150php. And don't even get me started with these Kylie Lip Kits. How much could the seller be probably getting the product? You do the math and see the impossibility.

2. THERE'S NO SUCH THING AS SINGAPORE AUTHENTIC. If the seller says Singapore Authentic, nah uh babygirl don't even think about it. Some of them will even tell you that it's high quality replica and you can see the exact same on the streets of Divisoria. Exact. Same. Singapore Authentic = Fake.

3. THE SHADES. If the MAC lipstick is labeled shade 1, shade 2 and shade 3, it's fake. MAC comes up with names for every shade they make such as Ruby Woo, Kinda Sexy, Velvet Teddy, etc. Some fake products come up with the same shade name but please don't be fooled because once you compare it you'll see that it's not the same.

4. READ THE SHOP'S REVIEWS. It might help because some people also went down the hole to experiment and see if fake and authentic is the same but came down to the realization that again, it's not the same nor will it ever be.

So okay, you've read it. But still, you can't buy the authentic ones because they are hella expensive. The thing is, you can find DUPES. It's a cheaper alternative. For example, you want that Kylie "Candy K" Lip Kit. There's a shade called "Clueless" in colourpop that you can get for $6 and it's a dupe for that. And I promise you that getting a dupe is a lot more wise than buying a "high quality replica". All you have to do is use your internet because there are bloggers who create reviews about lipsticks and other makeup products, you can learn a lot from them.

You are free to share this to your friends so you can help them too. Just please don't copy it and try to make it look as if you created this whole thing that I wrote. Don't plagiarize please. ðŸ˜œ And thanks for reading!!! ❤️





No comments:

Post a Comment