Monday, September 8, 2014

Hair Talk

A lot of you are sending me comments on instagram about how I achieved my Pink hair so I decided to work on a blog post about it. But first, I must warn you that I am not a professional and my whole blog is based on my own experience.

So how do you really achieve pastel hair? No pastel hair is achieved without sacrifice and hard work. Unless you are lucky enough to be born with natural platinum blonde hair which is impossible, if like me, you're Asian. Asians are naturally born with dark hair and dark hair means heavy pigments. The only way to let blonde and vibrant pastels or neon colors to get through your hair is to bleach it to strip the pigments off your hair.


FAQ, "Bleach ruins your hair, right?" my answer, YES! It literally kills your hair and that's what I'm talking about when I said sacrifice. Here's a photo of me way back when I had super dark hair.



Healthy Hair
My natural hair color ain't this dark but I had to dye it black back then because I dyed it light brown during vacation and our school doesn't allow people with dyed hair to attend their respective classes. Sooo, ever heard of the saying "Once you go black, you can never go back"? Partly true cause it makes it harder and makes the risk higher when you suddenly want to go blonde. But nothing can stop me so I went to this salon to have my 1st bleach session done and boy, I cannot tell you how much I regret it.

Excuse my face. My friend ambushed me for this photo haha.

I have my personal experience about bleaching cause I dip dyed my hair way back 2011 and it was not so bad that it gave me the idea that I can do it with my whole head. But it needed so much effort and I was afraid that I won't get it even that I ended up opting for a salon but it just left my hair rusty and my scalp burnt. I guess the salon used a low volume developer and left it on for too long. From that point on, I plucked up my courage and decided to do it myself.

I'm sorry if I don't have photos of the products. I just went to 168, Divisoria and bought a random bleach powder that comes in a tub and an 18% volume cream developer. If you go to HBC, the highest volume you can get is 12%. I only found 18 at Divisoria. You just have to mix 1 part bleach powder to 2 parts cream developer in a plastic bowl and apply it all over your hair using a hair dye brush and let it sit there for 45 minutes to 1 hour. It's better if you didn't wash your hair for 2 days because the oil helps to protect your scalp from the bleach. Get help if you can't reach the back. Use plastic gloves because bleach is harsh for your skin especially if it gets inside your nails. Such a pain in the ass. Then rinse it and air dry. Avoid using blowers and iron for a while. Here's the photo of the 3 bleaching process I went through.

I was told this looks good but I wanna go further haha


My face is ugly here haha


NVM the duck face 

Never bleach twice for a day. You must give it a good rest before the next process. I gave mine 1-2 weeks interval and during the intervals, give your hair some love. Deep condition or use homemade hair masks. You can see that my hair is totally fried in the end but IDC cause this is what I want.


FAQ, "Did it hurt?" Yes it did. Think of it as super itchy and kinda stingy and I literally get mild to moderate headaches after bleaching.

Next step is toning. It didn't gave that much of a difference. I used Syoss' platinum ash blonde just to reduce some of the brassy tones. If you can get your hands on a Wella toner, use that instead. I've read it's so much better. 


Then after that comes the pink dye. You can use any pink or any color you want to dye your hair with but the most popular choices are Manic Panic or Splat. Some instagram shops sell them here in the Philippines.

I like it but I think it's too bright so I washed it down


This is my perfect tone. :)
I repeat the same process for root touch ups avoiding the already bleached and dyed part of my hair as much as I can.

Recently I added some purple tints at the bottom to give it the dip dyed effect. I just applied purple dye on the bottom parts of my hair and I'm inlove with the outcome. 


I don't need lectures or negative comments like "Your hair is stiff and dead and dry" cause guess what, I know right! Do I regret it? Of course not! Pink is my color so to hell with what other people think. I LIKE ME, DO YOU LIKE YOU? :)

9 comments:

  1. Yayyyyy! So cute! 'twas such a long process! Woooo! Can't get enough of your gorgeous face :)))) I also want to dye my hair!!! Sadly, I can't. University policy sucksss! Don't mind the haters, ate! You're awesomely gorgeous and it's what that matters! I love this blog of yours! More to come! :))))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. IKR. Like is it your hair studying? So much arte haha. Aww that's so sweet of you! Thanks! <3 Keep reading my upcoming posts. Really appreciate it! <3

      Delete
  2. hello there! :) i really love your blog regarding your hair process. love to color. you do you girl. WORK IT! :) i also do have a blog. if you don't mind, check it out and maybe we can do a collab since i live along muntinlupa as well. specifically, bayan :)))) hope to hear from you soon beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Finally ❤ Cant wait to dye my hair too �� Dont care the school policy. Hahahahahaa!! I love this blog of yours :) :3 Im always online to check your Blog, IG, Twitter && Facebook!! Hahahahahaa sarreh na po stalker much :( :D Hoping to see and bond you soon!! But sadly it will never be happen :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Imma try this one ate A! Haha. Kapag malakas na loob ko. Sobrang haba ng process. But I think it's really woooorrrttthhh it! ��

    ReplyDelete
  5. kewl..sobrang haba pala ng process :DD kaya naman achieve na achieve mo gurl !!! pero super ganda nung dip dyed na purple perfect combination sa pink...ughhh sobrang pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sure, ate! Will recommend it to my friends also. They have seen my collection of your photos in my phone and they have been your fan in an instant :))) Stay gorgeous and approachable :)))

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really love your pink hair ate anna! Done reading your blog posts �� Gusto ko rin magtry nyan pero not now. Hihi

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi i love what you did to your hair <3 sml legit hair goals btw where did you buy your syoss platinum ash blonde toner?

    ReplyDelete